-
March 11th, 2001, 07:07 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Some old lady plowed her van into a bakery and hit my friend, only after totalling two brand new cars in the parking lot. Now, my friend wants to sue her ass off, cuz she could have been killed (and so could her baby if she had him with her), but my mom feels sorry for the old lady, because she's old and "the system has failed her". And me... I'm totally confused.
But what else is new?
~((sonic))~
------------------
....constanly listening to the sound of life....surfing on sound waves and smiling bright...
The Sonic Lounge
~electronic BASSment~
[This message has been edited by ~((resonance))~ (edited March 11, 2001).]
-
March 11th, 2001, 09:03 PM
#2
Inactive Member
OMG...I was complaining about this just last night. Recently I have been able to do all of my errands during the day. Which now has me driving around with all of the cotton tops. In ONE WEEK I was nearly broadsided 3 times by little old ladies that either do not see me, are Kamikaze drivers with a death wish or plain just do not give a fuck that I am where they want to be. People complain about teenage drivers. Which I find humorous because I have never almost been killed by one. Let alone 3 in a week.
I am in the belief that the elderly should be tested every year (I think after 70 they do, but may need to do this earlier). As you age your reaction time is slower. A car is dangerous and if they are not able to operate one safely then they should have their licenses suspended or suffer the consequences. Just like I would if I caused an accident, injured or god forbid killed someone.
That sweet little old lady, Sonic is speaking of, drove her care recklessly and should have to pay for her actions. Thank God she did not kill anyone. THIS TIME. But, what about the next time she gets behind the wheel?
-
March 19th, 2001, 10:58 AM
#3
Inactive Member
do you know why there are those lines that seperate the lanes in trafic. they are for the old people to guide them down the road. hell if you see a car and it looks as if no one is driving it, go the other way for it is and old person looking to lodge that lincoln conteniental up your tail pipe...*LMFAO*
-
March 19th, 2001, 11:35 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I totally agree with Warlord...there is nothing worse than driving down the highway behind an old person...they always seem to have all the time in the world...and then there's my Grandpa...never steal his parking spot, he's been known to wag a crowbar in that person's face...eeek! LMFAO
[This message has been edited by Kerala (edited March 19, 2001).]
-
March 19th, 2001, 09:11 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Old people have the right to drive just like anyone else. As long as they can pass the tests.....and teenagers do cause the most accidents why do you think that before age 25 insurance is so high?
People study this type of thing
-
March 19th, 2001, 09:47 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
Speaking of old people and lincoln conteniental's...
the speed limit was 55...NO stop signs..
the guy was stopped, no blinker, turning right, then decides to turn left as i was just about to go around him..
all i saw was him and, me going to hit him broadside, slam on the breaks and fishtailed the back of my car into the back of his...
he was 83...
-
March 23rd, 2001, 05:14 AM
#7
Inactive Member
vrooooooom, vrrooooom, watch out elderly person on the road. ever notice they always drive big new cars that can go more than 45 but always do 45 unless it is a 30 then the go 15. what do you think a person can't drive if he or she is drunk and can't walk a straight line? why don't we have old people walk a straight line (if they can see it). *LMFAO*
-
March 23rd, 2001, 01:39 PM
#8
Inactive Member
i also think they should have to take a test every year. i have a friend back in nova scotia who, when he was 16 lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. he was driving home from a friend's house and some old man (in his 80's) threw his car into reverse and back out of his driveway without looking. the trailer hitch crushed my friend's leg. he was in the hospital for nearly 3 months while they tried to save the leg but nothing worked. it had been too badly crushed. the old guy had just gotten out of the hospital after having a stroke. his doctors had contacted the DMV and advised them that this man was not safe to drive any longer and they needed to remove his driving priviledges. they refused. they said he had not demonstrated that he was a danger to anyone. do ya think he has now??
-
March 26th, 2001, 06:00 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Funny the only time you ever hear of someone plowing into a crowd of people or into the front of a store is when and old person is driving.
-
March 26th, 2001, 06:44 AM
#10
Inactive Member
In Newfoundland they do have to take the test every year after a certain age I thought..I wonder is that for all Canada...Sniffs??....My grandfather is 78 and still drives....Although I was behind him once and he ran a red light...but his wife of 60 years died the week before so I chalked it up to that...Now you all have me worried dammit..
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks